Thursday, October 07, 2004

The Shower

My maid (there will be only one other female stage front during the ceremony, my other attendant will be a guy) is getting married less than one month after I am. She lives 3,000 miles away, and both of us originally call Portland home.

Today she sent me an e-mail in which she began to explore the idea of throwing me a wedding shower. I then began to explore the idea of throwing her a shower, since her wedding is upcoming as well. Of course, we'll want both of these showers in Portland, where we still have a lot of ties and where most of our mutual friends reside.

Given that she will only be in Portland once between now and the weddings (will come out sometime in the next few months so we can go dress shopping), we are exploring the idea of co-hosting a shower for each other. As in, she'll throw my shower at the same time and place as I'll throw her shower.

Speaking from experience, we throw a kick-ass party together, so it could be the best shower anyone's been to in a while. Now I just need to start brainstorming what a Swankette/Kaphine shower game is like. There will definitely be no toilet paper brides in attendance.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about taking a page outta the Friends episode where Ross creates a trivia contest about how well Rachel and Monica know Chandler and Joey. The contest in which the girls lost their apartment to the guys. We could each assemble trivia questions (and answers) about the other and the other's significant other.

Version 1: You and I compete against each other over how well we know our own s/o's. I'd quiz you with the answers I'd get from "Sweetie," and you'd quiz me with the answers you got from RealSuperGirl. Maybe a couple Newlywed Game inspired Qs.

Version 2: We put our friends on the spot, pool are questions and see which of them loves/knows us best!!

kaphine

11:23 AM  
Blogger Swankette said...

Home/Wedding versions of famous gameshows. Newlywed game, of course. Pyramid, in honor of sweetie's win. Maybe Match Game? Jeopardy? Some where we compete against each other, some where the friends participate. Someone gets to play host. I'm LOVING IT!!!

1:30 PM  
Blogger TeacherRefPoet said...

K--

Does this mean I get to find out where you and RealSuperGirl like to make whoopee?

5:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

in Cambridge!

k.

12:39 PM  
Blogger TeacherRefPoet said...

Maybe my wife (she'll be that by then!) and I can make whoopee in Cambridge this August!!!

10:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home