Tuesday, September 28, 2004

Want a joint?

Actually, we DID get that joint checking account yesterday, albeit with exclusively her money (for now, anyhoo). It wasn't a big deal to me, although signing the forms saying that if one of us dies, the other gets all the money felt very husband-and-wife-like.

We started this joint thing way early. We'd only been together about a month when we got a joint video store account in the Tri-Cities. I stole a page from some buddies' playbook and announced to all of my friends: "Well, Michelle and I are feeling very happy together, and we have decided it's time to take the leap: we're getting a joint video store account."

Most people just wanted to hit me when I said that. Not my brother, who said "Congratulations!" and gave me a big hug. It ain't just chromosomes that make him a best man.

As of now, I can't figure out any other way we've intermingled in the eyes of the law. I guess there are loads of those to come...when we officially begin cohabitating, sharing bills, etc. in two months. (Can't wait!)

1 Comments:

Blogger Swankette said...

For the record - most of the money deposited yesterday was from Mom and Dad, not from me. And he's paying the mortgage, so he's definitely contributing to the affair.

9:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home