Wednesday, September 15, 2004

Engagement-o-Rama

From youth little girls are trained to look forward to their wedding day.

I think it started for me when I was around 3 or 4. All I remember of the event is that I was CRUSHED (as only a 3 or 4 year old can be) because I was not allowed to dance with my older brother. My mother has filled in the rest of the memory for me. Brother was the ring bearer at a friend of the family's wedding. It was the dance where the wedding party all dances together, so the brother was required to dance with the flower girl. OH, THE INJUSTICE! What I would have given at that moment to be allowed that dance.

I think at some subconscious level (since I don't remember the details of my event) that early event planted the seed in my mind that it's better if you're part of the wedding party.

What no one ever bothers to tell you, however, is how much fun the engagement is! It's started to dwindle a bit now, but for the past two and a half weeks he and I have been the stars of the party. We've been treated to nice meals by friends and family. We've received flowers. We've received cards. We've received e-mails. We've been toasted with champagne. EVERYBODY LOVES US!!!

For a while we were considering with all the wonderful attention that we should call off the engagement and then get RE-engaged several times over the next year. Once we thought about it a bit we realized that at some point it might get a little old. People might start to take it out on us.

But gosh, it sure is fun while it lasts. And if getting ENGAGED is this much fun, imagine what a blast getting MARRIED will be!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home