Thursday, November 04, 2004

Dreaming

I had a wedding related dream last night.

It started 2 days before the big event. We still had to go over a playlist with the DJ and do a bunch of other stuff. Plus, we hadn't received responses from anyone as to whether or not they were attending, so we couldn't do assigned seating at the reception and had no idea how many people would attend.

Next scene is the wedding day. I'm in my dress and standing in the reception hall while the caterer is setting up. They're setting up long banquet tables, and I keep yelling at him "They're supposed to be round tables!" And he's yelling back at me, but I don't remember what it was he was yelling. I finally gave up on trying to have round tables, because I realize it's a futile effort (and who knows if there will be any guests in attendance to sit at the long tables anyhow).

The centerpieces started out as these 3 foot tall cylindrical stacks of M&M's. There was a 6" high glass bowl at the bottom, and then just a stack of M&M's perfectly aligned. I went through and knocked the stacks down to vase-level but then the M&M's had disintegrated and the bowls were filled with colored sugar in swirly patterns.

Psych 101 interpretation of the dream: Swankette's been a bum lately about lining up appointments with photographers etc. and needs to get back on the wedding planning bandwagon. No more procrastination here!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home