Monday, November 08, 2004

Hoping he will propose this holiday season?

Sweetie and I have opened a joint Yahoo e-mail account that is currently being used exclusively for wedding-related e-mail. Today I was scanning the spam bin, to make sure nothing important had gotten mis-filed, and came across the following e-mail:

HEY Girlfriend – are you still waiting for him?Are you or one of your friends hoping their guy will propose this holiday season? Need a little anonymous help from us? Just supply us with his mailing address and we will send him a simple, yet suggestive, greeting card from our jewelry store.

We promise not to contact him in any other way, nor will we allow anyone else to have his information. More importantly, we will never reveal our sources. The front of the card says: Hey Boyfriend! Is Ms. Right Waiting for You…Inside the card: …to propose this year? Don’t Panic! We can help.Diamond Education with FREE Steel Triplet 10 X Magnified Jewelers LoupePlus, $100.00 Gift Certificate toward purchase. We will “hold his hand” through the process of selecting a diamond for your hand this year.

Just email me with his address at xxxxxxxx . Or call xxxxxxxx Jewelers at (xxx)
xxx-xxxx. Ask for xxxxxxx. I will take care of the rest for you.



There are so many things wrong with this I'll let you come up with the complete list yourself, but here's the thing that perplexes me most:

The e-mail address in question has been in existence about 2 months. The only distrubition thus far has been: Vendors we are consdering or have contracted with and the wedding show I attended a couple of months ago. The jewlers in question had to get my e-mail from one of these locations. Odds are, it was from the bridal show I attended. Which means that there were people at the bridal show who were not engaged, but rather just planning ahead?

Don't get me wrong, I had had fantasies of my wedding day over the past thirty-something years. But even once the sweetie had the ring size and we had actively talked about the fact that we will probably get engaged someday, and had even started discussing theoretical options for the wedding it never occurred to me to start shopping around for vendors!

If any of my kind readers have a special someone they'd like to spur along, please e-mail me for the contact information. Although I'm likely to lecture you rather than sending you that information, so be warned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home