Tuesday, March 22, 2005

The Results Are In...

For something that is low on my list of wedding-related priorities I sure am spending a lot of time on flowers. Probably because it's such a prolonged process. You have no clue on costs until about a week after you've met with the florist.

Florist #1 is officially out. I bought a boquet of gerbera daises around 3:30 pm on Sunday afternoon. Kept an eye on them throughout the night. One of them lost a chunk of petals, but I think they may never have had them or I bought a defective flower, so I'm not counting that. When I went to bed at 10:30 that night they still looked OK. Maybe not quite as fresh, but good enough for a candid snapshot or two. Forgot to check them when I woke up yesterday morning for staying power, but when we got home at 11:00 last night they weren't horrible looking. That's 30 hours after I bought them. Today they're looking a bit worse for wear, so I guess that means I won't be taking my boquet on the honeymoon.

Florist #3 is still my favorite, but #2 gained some brownie points today. We got the quote via e-mail yesterday, and it was rather high for what was budgeted (we may be able to scale it down, haven't gone down that path yet.) Today we got the hard copy of the quote along with a small boquet. Now that's good marketing - a florist sending us flowers! And they are quite lovely. So now I take back that bit about not seeing any of her work.

Now we anxiously await Florist #3's quote. May not be until early next week, so wait patiently and stay tuned.

1 Comments:

Blogger lemming said...

This is better than Amazing Race. Stand your ground, get what you want and keep us posted!

11:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home