Monday, January 17, 2005

Honeymoon Update

Well, it's looking like we might get to honeymoon in Hawaii after all! Mom was talking to the time-share folks this weekend (arranging their lodging for the wedding). Apparently we are on the level 2 list for Maui and level 1 for Kauai.

Not sure how one moves from one level to the next, but Maui is a longshot but Kauai is VERY LIKELY to happen. And if it doesn't, we'll just suffer with Cabo. Poor us, forced to go to Mexico for our honeymoon!

I'm REALLY hoping that Kauai will come through. Sweetie's never been to Hawaii, so he really wants to make it over to the islands.

If we went to Kauai we'd be staying just up the road from the place we spent when I went there with my family when I was 12. We went after my grandfather's death, he wanted the whole family (mom, dad, brother and grandma) to go on vacation together. It was SUCH an awesome trip! I got my first real crush (his name was Joel and he was from New Mexico) and my brother got to kiss Joel's sister, Julie. While there I got to see my first rated R movie - Blade Runner. Dad took Greg and Julie to see it one night because it was raining, and I asked if I could go along. I think he said yes so he'd have someone to sit next to in the theater. Having seen the movie since, I'm surprised the parents said yes and a little surprised that I wasn't scarred for life. So yeah, it would be nice to go there again.

I also think that it will be a lot easier to ensure we don't cross paths with any of Sweetie's food allergies while in the United States. Enough normal people have gastro-intestinal issues while in Mexico, it may just kill Sweetie and that's not a very fun way to spend a honeymoon.

So stay tuned, Mom says now is the time of year when a lot of the reservations get cancelled.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home