Monday, January 03, 2005

Selling to the Savvy Bride

Sweetie did a good job recounting our experiences at the wedding show today. But, the business major in me must comment on a couple of things that just AMAZED me when folks were trying to sell us their services today:
  • You are a DJ who is telling me you know how to read a crowd. If that's true then how come you can't read the THOROUGHLY ANNOYED look on my face that is telling you to JUST SHUT UP ALREADY!
  • One of your selling points is, "All of our DJ's are clean"?!?! Does this need to be stated? Am I a fool for ASSUMING that the professionals I hire to come to my wedding will be CLEAN?!?! Mom's promised to make sure the the brother cleans up for the big day (more an issue of infrequent laundering than anything else, but Mom will be buying him new threads for the big day) -- other than that I didn't think I needed to state this to anyone.

But here's how I know that Meatloaf is the right DJ for us. We had told him of our distaste for "Dan, Dan, the Dancing Man." He got it. Because we were booking at the wedding show we had the opportunity to add some freebies onto our package - ceremony music or karaoke at the reception. I facetiously asked Sweetie if he wanted Karaoke at the reception, and Meatloaf's response was "That would be Ken, Ken, The Karaoke Man." Yeah, he'll be our bitch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home