Thursday, November 18, 2004

Apologies

Last night we arrived to the photographer's about 10 minutes early, so decided to chill in the car for a few minutes before going in. Asking me to chill for a few minutes before doing something that I want to get done is like asking W to consider leaving a child behind. You can ask, but getting it to happen is really darn tough. In those few minutes I realized there are a couple of apologies that will need to be made at some point in time, so might as well get them out of the way now.

To my attendants and my family: I apologize for being a hyperactive anxious mess on my wedding day. You know how obnoxious I get when I'm waiting for the time to open the presents? Or you're taking me somewhere that's going to be a surprise and I'm trying to figure out where it is? How the suspense almost kills me, and I pass that anxiousness on to you because I MUST KNOW NOW? Well, I suspect you ain't seen nothing yet. Because on July 30 I'll be waiting for my wedding to the man of my dreams, and that's at least a trillion times better than a silly Christmas present. So I'm likely to be at least a trillion times worse off. You may want to get Mom to hold back some of the kitty valium we've got now.

To anyone who has to experience snippy Swankette or sleepy Swankette: I apologize for that and I'm quite certain you didn't deserve it. The problem is that a type-A insomniac planning a wedding is pretty much never going to get a night's sleep. I'm averaging 6 hours a night right now. I especially apologize to the Sweetie, because he can sleep through anything and has a difficult time understanding my insomnia.

At least Sweetie won't see me the night before the wedding, because I can pretty much promise you now I won't be sleeping that night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home