Sunday, November 14, 2004

Parents meeting parents...

Our moms and dads met tonight. They had more in common than I had anticipated. I didn't know Swankette's father had Polish blood in him. My mom is full-blooded Polack. A fun day. Sarge, my father-in-law-to-be, asked if I was nervous about it. I totally wasn't. First, they were clearly going to like each other, and second, if they disliked each other, it didn't matter a whit...they more or less never had to see each other again after the wedding...just for major events for our still not-yet-existent children. No sweat.

They put my baby and I at the heads of the table. She was so very far away...

I kept thinking about the fact that there were 88 years of marriage represented at the table. And that's a hell of a lot to admire there. I'm so glad...SO glad...that my folks and her folks were not in the over-half to divorce.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home