Sunday, March 13, 2005

Wedding dream...

I had this dream the other night. Woke up quite discomfited.

I was conducting a "friend choir" (like the one we will have) at someone else's wedding. The song we were performing: "If" by Bread. You know: "If a piiiiicture paaaaints a thooooousand worrrrds,/Then whyyyyyy can't IIIIIII paint yooooooou..." Ugh. In the dream, I was faintly wondering why this was the song the couple wanted. So I was conducting Bread. And my choir wasn't exactly musically talented. In fact, they were terrible singers. The main guy I noticed in my choir was this bass who had the scratchy two-pack a day voice that sings loud, gravelly, and flat-toned two octaves beneath the melody. (You know--he's the guy who sits behind you at church almost every week.) It was terrible, and I felt like the wedding looked awful.

I woke up and realized...shit, I have to figure out what songs will be a part of our service. Soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home