Sunday, February 13, 2005

Princess Swankette

While in Portland this weekend Sweetie and I swang by the bridal shop to pick up my tiara. My mother tried to insist that the groom not see the tiara until the wedding day, but I suspect that all things considered he will not be aware that I am wearing a tiara on the wedding day, so decided he's allowed to see it in advance.

After picking it up from the store I tried it on, so Sweetie could see what it looked like. And it made me feel like a princess, with that little band of rhinestones perched on top of my head, so I left it on. So if you were driving up SE 82nd Ave in Portland Saturday afternoon and were wondering why that girl was wearing a crown on top of her head now you now.

I stopped for gas at one point, and am convinced the 18 year old who helped me thought I was insane, wearing a sweatshirt and a tiara. And hey, maybe he's right.

We're going to a birthday party for Sweetie's mom tomorrow night. She's requested I wear the tiara. And when your future mother-in-law requests you wear a tiara to her birthday celebration it would be rude to dissapoint.

We may be coming up with other excuses to wear the tiara over the next 6 months. Because what fun is a tiara if you don't get to wear it?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH my gawd, it's gorgeous!

6:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home