Sunday, April 03, 2005

Honeymoon...yippee!!!!!!

We have Hawaii!!!!

Kauai, to be exact. Swankette's parents have very generously donated time-share time for our honeymoon. Long ago, right after I popped the question and we set a date, we tried to book Kauai; it was booked. So we settled for Cabo (tragic, I know) and hoped someone would drop out. Someone did, and we are SET, BAY-BEE.

She and I have been looking in books and stuff since then to figure out what we're going to do there. There will be ample sitting on the beach, enjoying cold beverages, and some more traditional indoor honeymoon activity, but I've never been to Hawaii and she's not been there since she was 12, so we are stoked.

One activity in particular has really caught our attention. Kauai Backcountry Adventures offers a wonderful, relaxing, honeymoon-perfect activity. They drive you up to the mountains in for some views, then drop you in a giant inner tube in an irrigation ditch. Apparently kids used to do that for kicks, but now it's a 3-hour-long leisurely meander down the side of a mountain, through mountains, forest, through tunnels (they give you a headlamp and gloves), and to a swimming hole for a picnic lunch. I can't imagine a much better way to chill with my new bride than to sit on innertubes next to each other, lock arms, and watch the forest go by. I'm not an athlete, so surfing--even windsurfing--would likely be an exercise in frustration for me. I might try it another trip, but not this one. This one's gonna be tubing, snorkeling, maybe a helicopter ride...I am SO EXCITED!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger kaphine said...

One of the best things I did on my trip to Hawaii in 1997 was sea kyaking. I highly recommend it. That and just breathing is nice in Hawaii. As I'm sure Swankette has heard me say coutless times--the most striking thing about Hawaii to me was that it smelled so good. And I can really go on about the leis, too.

6:18 AM  
Blogger Greg said...

A day-long lazy inner tube ride sounds positively delightful!

1:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home