Friday, May 06, 2005

In the Bullpen

Last Sunday Sweetie and I started practice for my first pitch. It's 60 feet 6 inches from the pitchers mound to home plate. Every first pitch I've ever seen takes place in front of the pitching mound because you can't go desecrating the mound before the first pitch, so I'm estimating that's about 55 feet.

Sunday I was able to throw the ball about 45 feet successfully. So, I'm not there yet but can easily be there by July 29.

Last night the trainer and I started working on my rotator cuffs, to help strengthen them to ease me in gaining the distance necessary.

I'd feel like a dork training for a ceremonial first pitch, but once on The West Wing the President trained for a first pitch. I may not have to do it wearing a bullet-proof vest, but I still want to impress folks with my mad skills.

1 Comments:

Blogger Joe said...

Oh, don't feel like a dork. This is already such a cool story. Imagine how much cooler it's going to be when it ends with "And I threw a nasty strike too".

I predict that by 2008, I'll be drafting you in the 7th round of PPFL.

6:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home