Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Sparing You the Icebreakers

So today I'm reading Joe's blog and stumble across this post. Which is interesting enough in it's own right, but is also about a singer I never would have heard of before were it not for Grigorpdx. See, he's posted about him, too (and played Sweetie and I some of the MP3's. Great stuff!).

These are two fellows who will get along well. They should meet each other. And given that they're both going to be attending the wedding this summer (you are both attending, right?) it is quite possible for the two of them to meet.

It's then occurring to me that there are other guests for whom this is the case as well. Probably will never be in the same room outside of the wedding, so we've got to take advantage of opportunity while it's available.

Then I was coming up with all of these wacky scenarios to insure the meetings took place. We could seat 20 people per table - to insure all the necessary parties would meet each other. We could send a little list to people - here is a list of people you need to meet before the night is over. We could turn it into a wacky icebreaker-type game - instead of just listing names we could list some fact about them, so you would actually be compelled to meet them. That's when I realized I may be going off the deep end. I HATE wacy icebreaker-type games.

Thankfully, I got home before my mind could wander much further. Sweetie and I are so damn good we ALREADY had Joe and Grigorpdx seated at the same table. The other folks who must meet as well. Not to say that there aren't people worth meeting that will be sitting at other tables, but hopefully intriguing dinner conversation will be had by all.

4 Comments:

Blogger Joe said...

Most excellent.

Of course, it was my understanding that the "wacky icebreaker game" was now why did they seat us together?

7:37 AM  
Blogger Swankette said...

Y'all aren't sitting at the dark table, and y'all aren't sitting at Table 21, so you escape the wacky icebreaker game of why did they seat us together.

Y'all got seated together because in both sets of spouses you've got interests in education, cooking, computers, baseball, lefty politics, John McCutcheon...

10:07 AM  
Blogger Greg said...

Ooh! Our own little subversive cell. Do we get to have "Party Pseudonyms" to The Man can't track us down and send us all to Gitmo?

10:15 AM  
Blogger Swankette said...

Based on the other folks sitting at the table I would be surprised if y'all DIDN'T have party pseudonyms by the end of the night.

I also fully expect you to be opening an alternative school somewhere, and perhaps staging a coup against the current governmental administration.

10:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home