Sunday, May 08, 2005

Wedding Haiku

I noticed that yesterday was 5/7/05, which I declared International Haiku Day. And today, Sweetie and I will head up to get our wedding rings. I asked her if we should engrave something on the inside, and before you know it, we thought we should engrave haiku. Here are some of the ideas we came up with. (I've substituted the names of our pretend girlfriend and boyfriend, Sue [Bird] and David [Bowie], for our names.)

When they got married
Sue and David got these rings
Aren't they lovely?

If you can read this
Sue or David took it off
They're making meat loaf

If you find this ring
It's owned by Sue or David
Please return it now

Since you're reading this
Please check out Sue or David
For chopped-off fingers

1 Comments:

Blogger Swankette said...

I have also taken the ring off to get a manicure. Although that's a bit harder to work into a haiku I suppose.

10:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home