Thursday, June 23, 2005

But It's MY Day!

Two friends singing in the friend choir have now come to me asking about the dress code for the choir. In case there are any choir members reading this blog who were thinking of asking - the official dress code is "look nice." That goes for ushers and readers and anyone else who might have reason to ask.

One of the friends specifically asked regarding colors of the church, what the mother of the bride is wearing, etc. I told her the church is grey so I CHALLENGE her to clash, and the church is large enough that even if she doesn't match my mother no one will ever notice.

But then a thought came upon me. At the reception people will be sitting together. And mingling with each other. And pictures will be taken. And perhaps a guest wearing red stripes will be next to a guest wearing orange polka dots and someone else in purple plaid, and then there would be clashing and that would be HORRIBLE.

So now we're going to require that all the guests dress according to a pre-set color code to ensure that the candid photos will all be fabulous. We'll be sending you your swatches in the mail next week.

And now I fear I may have planted ideas of red stripes, orange polka dots, and purple plaid in people's brains. OH MY!

1 Comments:

Blogger kaphine said...

I'm heading to the fabric store right now to insure that RSG will be wearing all three.

12:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home