Sunday, June 19, 2005

Cocktails, Anyone?

We (well, I mostly) have decided on the music for the cocktail hour and dinner at the reception. (Sweetie I approves, but it's much more a Swank thing than a Poet thing). The devil is in the details, which is where we're falling now, and I fear this is when the wedding starts to be all-consuming.

The saving grace is that it wasn't like I was sitting around going, "Oh, we need to decide what music needs to be played during the cocktail hour and dinner." It hadn't even really seemed important to me that we HAVE special music for the cocktail hour and dinner. But then inspiration struck.

It hit while I was listening to the new Paul Anka CD on the way to pick up Sweetie at the airport yesterday. When I was in Portland last week Mom was RAVING over it and INSISTING I get her a copy of the CD. Yes, my sixty-something mom who is about to celebrate her forty-eighth wedding anniversary and votes red is about to have "Smells Like Teen Spirit" as part of her musical collection.

The older crowd digs the music, because it's swing. The younger crowd will dig it because it's swing and it's modern. Between the maid of honor and my own music collections we can probably put together enough appropriate tunes in that style to fill the time. Worst case, I've got to drop a few buck on I-tunes to round out the collection, because I suspect this isn't stuff the DJ has in large supply.

But it will be swank. That's for darn sure!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home