Monday, June 13, 2005

The Beautiful Bride

I went for my first (and last) dress fitting today. Some thoughts on that:

- All the wedding propaganda goes on and on about how you need to be careful not to be taken when it comes to alterations. Don't go to the bridal seamstress or the seamstress affiliated with the store, as they are simply there to try to take as much money from you as possible. Total cost for alterations: $9. OK, the seamstress also forced the bill up by suggesting I pair a different, better looking, slip with the dress. Cost for that: $6.

- As a bride you've got to chose your nearest and dearest to stand by your side because they are going to be SO up in your business. They'll be holding the dress as I shimmy my half-naked body into it. Then someone will have to basically get UNDER my dress to make sure all the different layers of slip and dress are laying correctly.

- I got bonus presents with the dress. A lovely little wrap and a white clutch purse.

- The time with the trainer has DEFINITELY paid off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home