Thursday, June 02, 2005

The groom is nervous...

about music.

We have 12 friends who have agreed to sing for us, and we're thrilled about that. Now, what will they sing?

There's always the standard tear-jerker semi-sacred piece from college. That's a given...I've known that'd be sung at my wedding since about 1989.

But then there's another piece.

It needs to be pretty. Since there are so few singers, I want it to be a cappella--the organ would drown them out. I want it to be relatively easy. And there are certain lyrics restraints...I don't want them to be English words that are stupid. (Foreign stupid words are fine.)

I've almost decided on Beati Quorum Via by C.V. Stanford. But...man oh man...I'm worried about the six-part harmony, especially the contrapunnel (sp?) bit at measure 76. We've only got 4 men, plus one woman-posing-as-a-man. That means somebody's singing his part alone. Even though I have a couple of people who have sung this before, will six weeks of solo rehearsal plus a couple of days of working together be enough?

Or maybe I should just chill out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home