Monday, May 30, 2005

Creative Genius

I'm feeling very proud of my creative side today.

From the beginning Sweetie and I decided we didn't want your standard guest book. I just couldn't see myself going to the bookshelf years from now and saying, "Gee, let's go through the guest book and see who was at the wedding. Well look, Dick and Jane were there. So were Luke and Leia!"

The idea we came up with was to have a non-lined guest book. In addition to signing their names guests could share a thought or memory, draw a little picture, whatever moved them. Or if they just wanted to sign their name, that would be OK, too. Seemed like we might actually get a keepsake out of the thing rather than just something to take up space.

Today I went in search of said book, and given the options available to us came up with an even BETTER solution:

The guest book is a lovely photo album. We'll have guests sign it, then after the event intersperse photos throughout (we can unbind the book and rearrange pages if necessary) so it will be a combo guest book/photo album. Now that's something I might actually want to peruse in the future.

3 Comments:

Blogger Greg said...

I was at a wedding recently where something similar was done. They used a large photo matte (presumably one to be filled with a wedding photo later). I thought it was a great idea.

5:45 PM  
Blogger kaphine said...

We were planning something similar. A scrapbook in which we encourage guests to write, draw, bring photos or what ever to collect. It'll just hang out at the party. We'll probably have glue sticks, tape and scissors available.

6:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anna and I did this at our wedding, and I think I treasure it more than most of the pictures. People wrote great stuff, drew things, etc. It's a wonderful part of the day we'll always have. I'm already thinking of things to write!

Matt

12:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home