Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Self-Control

It is taking every ounce of self-control I possess to not go out and shave my head or, at least, get a buzz cut. My hair has reached shoulder-length, which given the density and weight of my hair means constant pressure on some portion of my skull. I average 2-3 hairstyles/day to try to alleviate the pain.

Shedding has begun. I'm worse than a shedding St. Bernard with the trails of hair left everywhere.

I must make it into the hairdresser, and soon, so that she can do something to make this bearable for me.

The craziest part: This morning, as I was gathering the handful of shedded hair that had accumulated in the brush, I began to think that I'd suffered to this length of hair, why not go the extra mile and grow it to the ten inches required to donate to Locks of Love.

4 Comments:

Blogger tommyspoon said...

Your stock would rise in my eyes, Swankette.

You know, every time I mention Locks of Love to folks with long hair their reactions have been interesting. C'mon, people! It's just hair. It'll grow back.

3:34 AM  
Blogger kaphine said...

I've actually been thinking about doing that with my hair. It's not quite long enough yet, I think. (getting ruler....) Only two and a half more inches!!!! OK, post-wedding it's Locks of Love for me! Maybe we can make it a group-thing!

6:27 AM  
Blogger lemming said...

Locks of Love is an amazing cause. Go for it! Besides, TRP likes ponytails.

2:02 PM  
Blogger Greg said...

Al started growing her hair out when she started grad school (roughly) planning on donating it to Locks of Love.

Last fall she finally had the requisite amount of hair and had it cut off. We were heading out of town for a couple of days so she put the braid on her vanity until we got back. Much to our bafflement we returned home to find this pile of fuzzy gold stuff in the middle of the basement. After a few minutes of head-scratching we realized what it was. Apparently Her Highness of the Feline Kind decided to completely shred the braid in a graphic demonstration of her displeasure at our absence.

Sadly, all that hair-growing work ended up lost. :-(

10:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home