Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Priorities

Invitations have arrived and the addressing will soon commence.

And I am officially a freak.

I could give a shit what the mom's are wearing, what the dad's are wearing, and have only moderate interest in what the maid of honor is wearing.

If you asked me the date of the engagement I would have to look at a calendar.

I refuse to think any decision through to its death, preferring to get the job done as long as it meets the budget and passes quality control.

Yet I almost get in a fight with the Sweetie this evening over the addressing of the invitations. And I went to three different stores this evening to find the correct pens for said addressing.

Because you know when folks get the invitation in the mail that's what they're going to notice - the type of pen that was used to address said item. (OK, Kaphine will notice that, but that's why she's my best friend.)

I fear issues like the guest book, place cards and table names will make me equally anal. The fun we've got in store for us!

Now pardon me, I've got 100+ invitations to get addressed.

1 Comments:

Blogger Alison said...

Fear not - I totally understand. Joe and I went for printing out the envelopes using a nifty font, because both of us have such atrocious handwriting. It was an absolute necessity, but it still bothered me. And I remember specifically nixing one of the invitation possibilities because I didn't like the feel of the paper it was printed on.

Weddings make people weird.

2:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home