Thursday, May 12, 2005

Whoa

So in the industry I work in I come into contact with a lot of different people on a day-to-day basis. Many folks I've got business relationships with know that I'm getting married because it's come up for some reason or another along the way. In no case has it been, "Why, hello there business associate have I told you that I'm getting married?" (OK, once it was that, but it was a former co-worker who had moved away and is on the invite list).

Once they've learned about the upcoming nuptials it's not uncommon for someone to ask as to how planning is going, or what we're doing, or whatever other random thing they might ask. It's also not uncommon for me to mention that the rehearsal dinner is taking place at an Everett Aquasox game and that TRP will be singing the national anthem and yours truly will be throwing out the first pitch. Honestly, this is because this is the one little soundbite that I can tell someone I know on a fairly casual basis that will distinguish this event from any other wedding they've ever attended. You don't have to know Sweetie and myself well, or know of our love and our history of baseball to know that this is a kick-ass thing.

Well today I found out from one business associate that she has been talking up the game to people she knows, and is planning on attending the game herself. What the?!?! When friends and loved ones and even co-workers said they might come to the game to check it out, despite not being on the rehearsal dinner list that was one thing. When the boss mentioned the company might make it an outing so everyone comes to cheer me on that was another thing. When a person who I come into contact with an average of 1-2 times a month is planning on coming to the game, and telling who knows who about it and trying to get them to come to the game as well.

Thank goodness I'm training for that first pitch, because apparently all eyes will be on me. Who knew Sweetie and myself could be responsbile for a ball game sell-out?

1 Comments:

Blogger lemming said...

Chesterley (and estate) and I are rooting for the pitching and singing and hope for post-July 30 updates. May you break many legs!

12:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home