Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Friends 'Til The End (of our hair)

After he read yesterday's post (and before anyone else had commented) Sweetie informed me that I shouldn't even think of donating my hair to Locks of Love because he is the one who has to listen to the bitching and the moaning about the suffering I go through in having long hair.

But then the comments came, which were all very lovely in their own regards, but there's one that gets singled out and that's Kaphine's.

Here's the background: Kaphine's my best friend. She's also getting married this summer, but our weddings are about as opposite as opposite can be. She suggested we both do this, and actually went so far as to measure her hair today. She's 2-1/2 inches away from being able to donate.

So tonight when I got home I took a ruler to my hair. If I were to shave my head right now I'd have 11 inches of hair to donate (best as I can tell), so if I wait until her hair is to the magic 10 inch mark I should be able to donate AND have a decent hairdo after it all.

And now there is one way in which our weddings won't be as opposite as opposite can be, because we will share this common cause at the end of all the festivities.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home