Monday, June 06, 2005

Is the Lady of the House Home?

OK, there is now one reason I can think of NOT to get married to my Sweetie. Although with the several billion reasons TO get married, it's not going to be tipping the scales anytime soon.

The phone is in Sweetie's name (since the condo was his first). When the telemarketers call the refer to me as Mrs. RefPoet, and I know instantly that they're out to sell me stuff. As opposed to legitimate creditors, banks, etc. who would refer to me as Ms. Swank. Once I become Mrs. RefPoet I won't know if they are a business I already have a relationship or out to sell me stuff.

On second thought, it's not so much a reason not to get married as it is a reason not to change my name. But it's not going to change anything at all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home