Saturday, June 04, 2005

Signed, Sealed, Delivered

Yesterday's lunch hour was the buying of the stamps. Last night's post-work activity was the photocopying of directions and invitations to the rehearsal dinner.

Last night I stuffed and Sweetie sealed and stamped (continuing on this morning) and now the invites are in a box ready to be taken to the post office. Once I'm done with this post and get some workout clothes on I am off.

The last 12 hours have been perma-grin, as this is the official proof that we are, indeed, getting MARRIED. We're both excited about getting the response cards back. I'll be obsessively watching the mailbox until the first one comes in.

Groom is a bit bummed, because he will be out of town June 11 through June 18 which will likely be when we get a big chunk of the early-response envelopes back. When he realized this he actually asked me to wait until he got back to open them. I questioned whether he was really my Sweetie or not, as anyone who knows me knows that patience is not one of my virtues.

So if you read the entry and receive an invitation the groom asks that you either get it back before he leaves town, or wait until he's back, so he can be present for the opening of the envelope.

1 Comments:

Blogger kaphine said...

When I took our invites to the Post Office (I took the finished and sealed ones with me, weighed one, put the stamps on and dropped them off all in one trip), the woman at the counter insisted on hand-cancelling them, telling me that it will look nicer. What a kind touch!

11:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home